Cub Boating Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Hold the Open Water Swimming badge.
- Know the rules of safe boating.
- Know how to choose and wear an approved personal buoyancy device of the correct size and demonstrate the correct method of floating while wearing it.
- Be able to float on your back for SIXTY seconds without a personal buoyancy device and for FIVE minutes with a personal buoyancy device.
- Be able to tread water for FOUR minutes wearing Boating Gear (at least boating shoes, long jeans, a shirt and a personal buoyancy device).
- Be able to swim 250m in Boating Gear in open water (dams/lakes).
- Do any TWO of the following:
- Help to repair a boat or canoe.
- With adult help build a raft and take the adult rafting.
- Paddle a canoe 50m, turn and paddle back.
- NOTE: A letter from the adult must be produced.