Cub Computer Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Know the various parts of a computer and explain what they are used for:
- USB port
- Router and Ethernet cable
- Show a basic knowledge of a computer keyboard and its functions.
- Explain how to care for a computer and its components.
- List FIVE uses of a computer in your daily life.
- Show how to transfer a file from one computer to another using two of the following methods:
- USB stick
- Web service (e.g. the Cloud, Drop box, etc.)
- Shared folder
- Show a person who has never used a computer before how to start a computer, open an application, save work, exit an application and turn off the computer.
- Know the personal safety rules which you need to remember when using the internet.
- Explain the functions of FIVE commands (e.g. cut, paste, copy, etc.) in any application.
- Choose (a) or (b)
- (a) Write an article for your Pack Log book using a word processing application on the computer. Print a draft article then the final report explaining the changes you made.
- (b) Using a computer design one of the following:
- A flyer/poster advertising Cubs
- A new Cub badge
- Under supervision, search for information on the internet and show how to send and receive e-mail.