Cub Cooking Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Know why you should wash your hands before preparing food.
- Know the correct way to dispose of rubbish both at home and in the bush when camping.
- Braai meat and potatoes properly over an open fire.
- Prepare and cook the main meal and a hot drink for the family. Wash up and put away the dishes and utensils.
- Do any ONE of the following. Share what you have made with others.
- Prepare and cook scones, a tart, or a cake.
- Make some sweets, e.g. fudge, toffee, etc.
- Make mealiemeal or oats or mabela porridge or putu.
- Make a stew or meat and vegetables.
- Learn the dangers of working with a hot stove, microwave oven and cooking over an open fire.