Food For Life - Starter Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page needs work. Please assist by editing it.
Note: By the completion of this stage the Scout should be able to prepare soil, grow and harvest a crop of one type of vegetable or fruit for his/her family.
- If the Scout held the Food for Life Starter badge as Cub he/she needs to do the following:
- Explain the contents of the badge to the examiner; and
- Demonstrate one of the requirements
- Explain what the best place and size for a food garden are.
- Obtain or make garden tools and explain how to use and look after them (rake, spade and watering can)
- Prepare the soil, including mulching
- Sow seeds or plant seedlings.
- Explain how to use water sparingly.
- Harvest one vegetable or fruit
- Explain why vegetables and fruit should be eaten (nutrition).
Note: Container gardening is also acceptable
Requirements in PDF
- Scout Interest Badges
- Food for Life
- Food for Life - Silver Scoutcraft Badge
- Food for Life - Gold Interest Badge
- Gardener Badge