Archer Scout Interest Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Discuss with the examiner the main historical changes in the long bow or cross bow.
- Know and demonstrate the safety rules governing both long bow and cross bow.
- Recognise and explain the use of 10 items of equipment selected by the examiner.
- Describe both the targets and the scoring methods in at least 3 internationally recognised competitions
- Work under a master bowman for six months. On completion of this requirement, undertake maintenance duties as selected by the master bowman for a minimum of three months.
- Know the pull strength for the various age groups in your branch of archery.
- Participate in an archery competition at club level against other archers. Attain a standard of at least blue/red.
Requirements in PDF