Athletics Scoutcraft Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The activities used to challenge a scout to reach a minimum athletic standard for their age or gender.
- Demonstrate the correct methods of walking and running, and of starting a race.
- Demonstrate “Scouts Pace” [50 walk/50 run] over a distance of 1km without stopping.
- Show a basic knowledge of the rules for the following:
- Sprint race
- Middle distance and long distance
- Relay races
- Discus event or Shot-put
- Discuss correct diet and methods of training for athletes.
- Represent your club, Troop or school at an athletic meeting.
- Gain the indicated times in five of the following groups of tests according to
Requirements in PDF