Aviation Skills Scoutcraft Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The activities in this badge will assist a scout to understand the basic knowledge of what is required before a flight can take place.
- Discuss the proper conduct to adopt and the ordinary safety precautions to follow, when on an airfield and when near an aircraft.
- Explain how to be of practical help to a pilot by indicating wind direction by day and by night and by keeping the landing strip clear.
- Make up a scrapbook containing at least fifty pictures of different aircraft collected by yourself.
- Recognise 90% of the aircraft in your scrapbook from silhouettes shown to you for ten seconds, 25% of the silhouettes to be head-on.
- Point out the principle parts of an aircraft and the control surfaces.
Explain how they function.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of taking off and landing into the wind.
- Explain the aerodynamics of stalling.
Requirements in PDF