Camp Quartermaster Scout Interest Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Have passed the Camping Scoutcraft Badge or complete all the requirements for it.
- Discuss the precautions to be taken, and practices used, concerning camp sanitation and personal hygiene under varying conditions.
- Demonstrate in camp the correct methods of:
- Hygienically storing food
- Storing equipment
- Safe storage and maintenance of gas and paraffin lanterns, stoves and fuel
- Correct garbage disposal
- How to store rope and cordage
- The proper care and maintenance of axes and saws
- How to re-haft and sharpen an axe
- Have acted as assistant Quartermaster at two Troop camps, being responsible for the issuing of rations and the issuing and return of equipment.
- For a Troop camp of 4 nights or 2 weekends duration, attended by at least two Patrols, do the following:
- Act as Quartermaster at the camp.
- Take charge of the storage and issuing of rations.
- Keep an efficient record of the camping stores, including issuing and returns during the camp.
- Supervise the preparation for storage, and storage after the camp, of the Troop equipment, particularly tents, ropes and cordage.
- Arrange for the repair or replacement of equipment damaged or lost during the camp.
- Do two of the following:
- Repair a tear in a Patrol tent/Troop tent.
- Replace a guyline on a tent.
- Re-waterproof a tent.
- Replace an eyelet.
Requirements in PDF