One of the most important life skills that a scout will learn is First Aid.
What is First Aid?
First Aid is the first help given to the victim of an accident. There are 3 aims:
- Stop life-threatening dangers
- Keep the victim safe from further harm
- Get proper medical help
Why should you know First Aid?
- A Scout on a camp falls against a rock. He shouts out for help. His head is bleeding and his arm is bent at a strange angle.
- Walking home from school, you hear a squeal of tyres and turn to see a car knock someone off her bicycle. She is lying still, unconscious, with blood spurting from her leg and she is not breathing.
- A child complains that he is sick. You see a box of rat poison spilt on the floor and you think he might have eaten some.
See the First Aid page for more details.
Pages in category ‘First Aid’
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.