Climbing Scoutcraft Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Badge is designed for those who follow the sport of rock climbing who wish to start by learning the basic skill and practising on a climbing wall.
- Know how to put on a harness, set up a belay and the calls used in climbing.
- Have experience of at least one session (two hours) of single-pitch climbing on a man-made climbing wall, either indoors or outdoors.
- Be able to use information given in a climbing guidebook. Explain the grading systems for climbs.
- Select at least five separate climbs, locate the starts on the ground and climb them (the standard should be at least Very Difficult).
- Be able to abseil down a face of not less than 15 metres also using a safety rope.
Requirements in PDF