Collector Scout Interest Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
NOTE: This badge covers the collecting of items other than stamps and coins. The number of items collected will be decided by the examiner using the following criteria:
- "Rare" items as opposed to "everyday" items.
- The length of time over which the items were collected, preferably over a period of at least 9 months.
- The availability of catalogues or books of reference on the items collected.
- The number of specialised items in comparison with general items in circulation.
- Have a good knowledge of the history of the individual items collected.
- Refer to other collections of a similar nature and where housed. If possible, compare your own collection with these other collections.
- Explain to the examiner the origin of items selected at random by the examiner.
- Differentiate between low value and high value items in your collection.
- Explain the meaning of common terms, chosen by the examiner, relating to the type of collection.
- Demonstrate to the examiner that you have a knowledge of the best way to present, preserve or store the items in the collections and how they should be handled.
Requirements in PDF