Cub Artist Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Do any FIVE of the following:
- Draw, paint or sketch an original picture using watercolor, crayons, coloured pencils or oil paints. Frame it to hang on a wall.
- Know the primary and secondary colours and how to combine them to produce other colours.
- Produce six different designs using straight lines, curved lines, or a combination of both.
- Draw a profile of a member of your family or a friend.
- Make an original piece of art work.
- Make a greetings card of your own design and send it to another person, preferably the examiner. Decorate or illustrate the outside and letter suitable wording inside. (Size not less than 125 mm x 200 mm when folded.)
- Use clay or other plastic material to sculpture a simple object
- Paper size except where otherwise indicated should not be less than 275 mm x 373 mm in order to encourage imagination and free movement of the wrist and hand.
- Except where otherwise indicated, pencils, pen-and-ink, watercolors, felt pen crayon, and turn-outs are acceptable. In No 6 coloured gummed paper may be used.
- It is important that the standard called for is one that encourages the best of the Cub, rather than one that adheres rigidly to academic rules.