Cub Citizen Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Know the names of the President of South Africa, the Deputy President, and Premier of your Province. List them in your notebook. Put in pictures of your national capital.
- Know the background of two historical places (monuments, buildings, battlefields, etc.) in your area.
- Explain why we have laws and why you think it is important to obey the law.
- Do THREE of the following:
- Know and tell about a famous man or woman of your country. Explain why you think he/she is a good citizen.
- Name three organisations in your district, other than churches, which help people. Describe what one of them does.
- Alone or with your Six do a good turn for a church, school, hospital, old people’s home or children’s home in your neighbourhood (only one required for the test).
- List five people from anywhere in the world who are good citizens. Explain why you chose them.
- Find out about another ethnic group in your area – the people, the language they speak, and something about their history and customs.
- Tell why we have a government. Describe three things the government or the municipality does for you and your family.