Cub Civil Emergency Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
You must have passed your 10th birthday before you start this badge.
Do any FIVE of the following:
- Show that you know the location of the main cut-off points for water, gas and electricity in your home AND the pack meeting place.
- Explain the importance of clean water and demonstrate how to purify water using a funnel and natural materials.
- Show that you know the telephone numbers of the nearest fire station, police station, doctor and ambulance. Write them on a card and place them in a prominent place in your home.
- With your parents, check or prepare the family first aid kit. Know where it is kept and how to use the materials contained in it.
- Find out three types of events that could become a civil emergency in your area.
- Discuss a family emergency plan with your family. Be able to explain to the examiner what your plan is.
- Show and tell your family household what you have learned about preparing for emergencies.
(Note: A letter must be produced from a parent or another adult for numbers 1 and 4)