Cub Cycling Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Be able to:
- Name the different parts of a bicycle and explain their use.
- Demonstrate how to ride a bicycle.
- Explain what safety equipment a rider and bicycle must have.
- Show the examiner what hand signals you may have to use during a bicycle ride.
- Explain to your examiner the most important road rules that apply to cyclists.
- Keep a bicycle in good condition and show how to repair a puncture, oil and clean your bike.
- Ride a cycle 100 metres and do 90 degree right and left turns, U turns and an emergency stop.
- With your examiner or an adult go for a ride of about two kilometres and demonstrate proper signals.