Cub Engineer Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Do any FIVE of the following:
- List at least THREE different engineering professions and FIVE types of projects that each works on.
- Visit a construction project, accompanied by an adult, and observe the required safety procedures (e.g. a building, road or a bridge). Look at the plans and explain in detail what you found out about the job (e.g. house being built). Get permission before you visit.
- Measure the size of the block of land on which your house is built and draw a sketch plan of your block to scale, showing the location of all buildings.
- Draw sketches of THREE different types of bridges and explain the sketches.
- Build and demonstrate how a block and tackle works.
- Draw floor plan of your house including doors, windows, and stairs.
- Make a drawing of how electricity gets to your house.
- Make a model of a famous dam, bridge or tall building and find out as much as you can about it.