Cub Food for Life Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Explain what the best place and size for a food garden is.
- Obtain or make garden tools and explain how to use and look after them (rake, spade and watering can).
- Prepare the soil, including mulching.
- Sow seeds or plant seedlings.
- Explain how to use water sparingly.
- Harvest one vegetable or fruit.
- Explain why vegetables and fruit should be eaten.
(Note: Container gardening is also acceptable)
There is a booklet available from your Scout Shop which will assist you in getting this badge.