Cub Geologist Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Do any FOUR of the following:
- Explain what a geological map is and why Geologists use them. Be able to point out any mining activity or major faulting on the map.
- List the three major rock classes that can be found. Name two rock types from each class.
- List at least five tools that a Geologist will use in the field or on a mine.
- List at least five types of minerals that are mined in South Africa and where they are mined in the country.
- Make a drawing to show the causes of a volcano, a geyser, and an earthquake.
- Make a drawing that explains the following:
- A normal fault
- A reverse fault
- A Dyke
- A Sill
- Explain one way in which mountains are formed.
- Make a collection of ten small pieces of different semi-precious stones found in Southern Africa. Label them with their correct names and where they were collected.