Cub Hiking Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(You must have passed your 10th birthday before you start this badge)
- Know the equipment needed for a day hike. Discuss the choice of clothing, food/water and first aid kit.
- Explain to the examiner what is meant by:
- Hiking at the slowest persons pace
- Being hike fit
- Being aware of surroundings
- And demonstrate how these are applied on a hike.
- Explain the importance of the buddy system and safety when on a hike and the importance of taking care of your feet.
- With other Cubs and a competent adult, hike a distance of at least 8km over country tracks or across country. This must be split over two or more hikes.