Cub Open Water Swimmer Badge
Revision as of 16:25, 21 December 2018 by RyanHultzer
(Open water is defined as dams, reservoirs and lakes; not flowing water nor a swimming pool)
- Hold the Swimmer badge.
- Swim 250m using any stroke in open water.
- Explain the key differences between pool swimming and open water swimming with regard to:
- Weather conditions
- Support and Safety
- Entering and exiting the water safely.
- Know the importance of:
- The buddy system.
- Footwear when entering a dam, reservoir or lake.
- The risk of swimming where boating activities take place.
- The purpose of wearing a swimming cap.