Cub Scholar Badge
Do any FOUR of the following:
- Produce a list of at least six books, varied in their subject matter, you have read in the previous year, and name the authors. Tell the examiner in your own words, the stories of three of them chosen by yourself. (The books must be of reasonable standard taking the Cub's age into consideration).
- Demonstrate how to use a dictionary by being able to look up and explain three words selected by the examiner.
- Explain the meaning of a verb, noun and adverb.
- Read a short story to your Pack or other children.
- Write a short story of your own and tell it to your examiner or your Pack.
- Explain how to find out information in a library or encyclopedia.
- Visit a library, meet the librarian and find out how books in the library are classified.
(Note: A letter must be produced from a librarian for No 7)