Cub Signalling Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Requirements: Do any FOUR of the following:
- Explain when the international maritime signals would be used.
- Make a set of paper, cardboard, or cloth flags of the international maritime alphabet in colour. By using this set, or by making a series of drawings, spell out a simple message of about six words.
- Explain the letters of the international alphabet.
- Choose five flags and explain the meaning of the international code.
- Know the alphabet in semaphore, using small flags, and send correctly a message of no fewer than eight words.
- Know the deaf alphabet and use it to communicate your name.
- Demonstrate and teach other children, five simple phrases using sign language and know their meaning.
- Morse Code and Semaphore
- International Maritime Signals
- North-South-East-West in Morse
- International radio alphabet - Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, Golf, Hotel, India, Juliett, Kilo, Lima, Mike, November, Oscar, Papa, Quebec, Romeo, Sierra, Tango, Uniform, Victor, Whiskey, Xray, Yankee, Zulu