First Aid Scout Interest Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Show a good knowledge of how to activate the Emergency Medical Services in your area.
- Show that you keep the names, addresses and phone numbers for emergency help where you can find them quickly.
- Explain the general principles of dealing with accidents.
- Explain the signs, symptoms and treatment of shock.
- Discuss with the examiner the signs, symptoms and treatment (where applicable) of serious bleeding including internal bleeding.
- Use an improvised bandage to hold a dressing in place on the arm, hand, ankle and head.
- Demonstrate how to treat suspected fractures using improvised methods, and discuss with the examiner the dangers of fractures to the spine.
- Explain and demonstrate how to apply cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Demonstrate the correct method of lifting a person onto a stretcher.
- Demonstrate 4 methods of transporting patients eg fireman's lift; walking assist; one-man carry; four-hand seat; two-man carry.
- Discuss the causes and treatment as well as the precautions to take to
- Cold exposure (hypothermia)
- Heat exhaustion
- As a member of a team of at least three other Scouts deal with a First Aid incident staged by the examiner.
Requirements in PDF