Fishing Scout Interest Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Show that you have a sound knowledge of the fishing regulations applicable to the type of fishing and the part of the country where you wish to be examined.
- Make a list of fishing equipment needed for, and demonstrate that you have a practical knowledge of, either surf, boat or fresh water (river or dam) fishing.
- Make a fishing rod using a rod, stock, butt, eyes and binding, and also two tracers with one hook (wire and nylon), then demonstrate your ability to cast with it.
- Demonstrate that you have general knowledge of the fishing waters within 24 kilometres of your Scout headquarters.
- Demonstrate that you maintain your fishing tackle in sound condition.
- Present evidence that you have caught, prepared and cooked fish sufficient for yourself and two people.
- Keep a satisfactory log of your angling experience with details of weather, catch, baits and weights of fish caught, covering not less than 12 excursions, and show this to the examiner.
- Write a short account of wet and dry fly fishing; or of the varieties of bait and their use in the course of fishing.
- List the safety rules applicable to fishing.
- Name 4 different artificial lures and list their uses.
Requirements in PDF