Food For Life - Silver Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page needs work. Please assist by editing it.
Note: By the completion of this stage the Scout will be able to provide nutritious vegetable for the family or community.
- Completion of the Food for Life - Starter Scoutcraft Badge is a prerequisite for this badge.
- Explain how crop rotation can ensure proper plant nourishment, minimise certain insect damage and provide sufficient vegetable all year round. Put crop rotation into practice by planting two different vegetables for two different seasons (these vegetable should be different from Food for Life - Starter or number 1 above).
- Make and maintain a compost heap and use it for your second crop.
- Explain how to care for your crops.
- Name three insects or diseases that may attack your vegetables and explain how to get rid of them by using homemade/natural remedies.
- Explain a method of collecting rainwater.
- Explain permaculture.
- Explain a balanced diet.
- Demonstrate the correct methods of cleaning and cooking vegetables.
Requirements in PDF
- Scout Interest Badges
- Food for Life
- Food for Life - Starter Scoutcraft Badge
- Food for Life - Gold Interest Badge
- Gardener Badge