Home Maintenance Scout Interest Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Do seven of the following:
- Re-hang a door and repair door fittings, including handles, locks, etc.
- Glaze a window.
- Demonstrate the correct methods of using, cleaning, and storing a spray gun.
- Discuss the precautions to take against frost and explain how to thaw frozen pipes in a welling house and what immediate steps to take in the case of burst water pipes or gas leaks.
- Mix concrete or make dagha or cement blocks or clay bricks and effect simple repairs to a wall or floor.
- Repair defective plastering.
- Paint a ceiling or paper/paint a room. Demonstrate the correct methods of using, cleaning and storing paintbrushes and/or rollers after use.
- Clean a stove including the plates and oven. Know the safety precautions to be taken.
- Change the mantle on a glass lamp or the wick of a paraffin lamp, and clean the glass.
- Repair a fence or hang a gate using the appropriate tools.
- Clean and care for a swimming pool for at least one month.
- Lay floor or wall tiles.
Requirements in PDF