Leather Worker Scout Interest Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Describe the three methods of tanning leather. Tan a piece of raw leather.
- Collect samples of any four of the following kinds of leather and describe their chief characteristics and the best uses of each: calf, cowhide, goatskin, skivers, pigskin, sheepskin, steerhide and ostrich.
- Demonstrate your ability to do the following:
- open design
- eyelet setting
- Know and correctly use the following tools in leather-work:
- drive punch
- edge beveller
- edge creaser
- eyelet setter
- push beveller
- leather knife and stippler
- Make an article in leather acceptable to the examiner which involves using at least six of the methods described in (3)
Requirements in PDF