Linguist Scout Interest Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
NOTE: Carry out the following in two languages other than your home language. One of the three languages must be an official language of the country in which you reside.
- Hold a continuous meaningful conversation with another person, directing a stranger to local landmarks.
- Discuss topics relating to Scouting activities, demonstrating a knowledge of the most common terms used for such concepts as Patrol, camp, cooking and first aid.
- Translate into your home language a newspaper article of topical interest not exceeding 300 words written in another language. You may use a dictionary.
- Translate into both of the chosen non-mother tongue languages an instruction of no fewer than 100 words written in your home language.
- Describe, in both chosen non-mother tongue languages and in chronological order, the events which have taken place in a mock accident or similar incident set up by the examiner.
Requirements in PDF