Signaller Scout Interest Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Demonstrate that you know the recognised procedure when sending and receiving messages.
- Construct a morse buzzer set to operate between two rooms.
- Send and receive an unrepeated message of not less than 150 letters at rate 7 in semaphore (35 letters per minute).
- Send and receive a similar message in morse:
- on a buzzer at rate 6 (30 letters per minute);
- on a lamp at rate 5 (25 letters per minute).
- Improvise at least two methods of sending a message (one in morse and one in semaphore) at least one kilometre, at or over rate 4 (20 letters per minute).
- Know how to communicate with a searching aircraft and know the international ground-to-air code.
NOTE: 90% accuracy for sending and receiving is required.
Requirements in PDF