Speaker Scout Interest Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Demonstrate the duties of a chairman by taking the chair at a meeting.
- Speak on a prepared subject to an audience of not fewer than 20 people. The speech must last 5 to 7 minutes. (Notes may be used, but the speech must not be read.)
- Read aloud a piece of prose chosen by the examiner, who will judge diction, pace, emphasis, pauses and pitch.
- Introduce a speaker.
- Propose a vote of thanks.
- Make an impromptu speech of at least three minutes' duration on a subject chosen from three subjects given by the examiner.
- Propose a toast.
NOTE: (4) (5) (6) and (7) are to be done after five minutes' notice.
- Make a speech of welcome to either:
- An honoured guest, or
- A group, or
- New members.
- Show how to get an idea across (e.g. how to organise a Patrol) by giving a talk using visual aids made by yourself.
Requirements in PDF