Sports Scout Interest Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Represent your school and/or your sports club in one team sport for two full seasons i.e. winter and/or summer sports. Examples of team sports:
- Ice Hockey
- Water Polo
- Participate in one other sport (not counted for 1 above) reasonably well as a team member or in an individual sport for at least two full seasons ie winter and/or summer.
In other words you must be proficient in at least 2 sports of your choice for at least two full seasons. (At least one sport must be a team sport.)
Examples of individual sports:
- Horse riding
- Rally navigation
- Roller/ice skating
- Table Tennis
- Be familiar with the skills and techniques in each of your chosen sports.
- Show that you know the rules and how to score.
- Discuss the equipment used and how to care for it.
- Discuss the safety rules and what injuries could occur and how to prevent them.
- Explain what sportsmanship is and why it is important. Give several examples of good sportsmanship in sports. Relate at least one of these to everyday citizenship off the sports field.
- Referee a match or act as an umpire.
- Make a set of training rules for the sports you have chosen. Explain why these training rules are important. Follow the rules. Design exercises for these sports and keep a record of how you do in these sports for one season. Show how you have improved.
Requirements in PDF