Stamp Collector Scout Interest Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Make a neatly mounted collection of stamps and/or related postal material of either a country, or a related group of countries (e.g. Commonwealth, French colonies, southern Africa), or a subject or theme (e.g. jamborees, fauna and flora, railway post).
NOTE: The collection should be made over a period of at least one year and should reflect in its quality the time spent on it.
- Demonstrate the use of a catalogue relevant to the collection and make an index of the collection.
- Show a good knowledge of 10-12 items from the collection selected at random by the examiner.
- Explain what is meant by five out of eight common terms relevant to the collection, chosen by the examiner.
- Demonstrate how to remove used stamps from paper and how to prepare the stamps for a collection and know the precautions to be taken.
- Know something about the origins of postage stamps and how stamps are used to convey post around the world.
Requirements in PDF