Swimming Scoutcraft Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This badge tests a scout swimming ability and challenges them to reach a minimum standard of swimming fitness and professions.
This badge is a prerequisite for:
- Watermanship Scoutcraft Badge
- Canoeing Scoutcraft Badge
- Sailing Scoutcraft Badge
- Swimmer Interest Badge
- Swim 100 metres in any overarm or crawl style.
- Swim 50 metres in clothes (shirt, shorts and socks as minimum) and undress in the water with the feet off the bottom.
- Swim 50 metres on the breast and 50 metres on the back (either hands clasped or arms folded in front) and then a further 50 metres any style making 150 metres in all.
- Take clothes off on shore. Enter water feet first. Carry shirt in teeth or hand. Swim 10 metres. Swing one end of the shirt into the hands of a 'drowning' person. Tow him to the shore.
- Demonstrate, by means of 'clothing inflation', a method of remaining afloat for three minutes.
- Execute a reasonable dive into the water from the side of the pool
- Dive from the surface of the water and recover with both hands an object from the bottom. The water is not to be more than 2 metres deep.
Requirements in PDF