One Fat Hen, A Couple of Ducks
This is a repeat song. There is one leader who says the lines, and then the participants repeat. It is helpful if there are people who know the entire sequence in the audience so they can everyone along.
Leader: One fat hen
Leader: One fat hen, and a couple of ducks
Leader: One fat hen, and a couple of ducks. Three brown bears
Leader: One fat hen, and a couple of ducks. Three brown bears; Four running hares.... and so on.
All verses are below, and can be amended.
- One fat hen
- A couple of ducks
- Three brown bears
- Four running hares
- Five fiery felines fighting for french fries
- Six simple Simons selling six pies simply
- Seven Sicilian sailors sailing the seven seas in a sloop
- Eight eager embryos eating eight eggs eagerly
- Nine naughty nunus knitting nine nighties nightly
- Ten tenacious tigers tying ten ties tightly