The Scout Outdoor Code
- I will treat the outdoors – our veld, rivers and mountains – as a heritage to be cherished and protected, and to be enriched for our own greater enjoyment and for future generations. I will learn to understand nature and her ways.
- I will learn how to practice conservation of soil, water, forests, grasslands and wildlife, and urge others to do the same.
- I will treat public and private land with respect, remembering that the use of the outdoors is a privilege.
- I will prevent fires and build my own fire in a safe place, and be sure it is out before I depart.
- I will keep my litter and garbage out of South African waters, fields, woods, veld and roadways.
- Whenever I take from nature for my own use, I will endeavour to return a share of her bounty.
Poster versions for printing
The Cub Outdoor Code
- I will do my best to protect and care for wildlife, trees and flowers.
- I will do my best to keep the countryside, roads and beaches free of litter.