(Redirected from Catspaw)Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Cat's paw or catspaw is used for connecting a rope to an object. It is very similar to the Lark's head except there is an additional twist on each side of the bight, making it less prone to slipping.
- Attaching a sling (a rope that has been sewn end to end) to a hook
- Form a bight in the middle of the line, and pull it back over itself like a Lark's head. This forms two loops, turned in opposite directions.
- Give each loop three twists to tighten them.
- Pass both loops over the hook, rail or post and pull tight,
- Push the bight up snugly against the turns.