Food for Life - Starter Badge
(Redirected from Food For Life - Starter Badge)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Complete item 1. or items 2-8.
- If the Scout held the Food for Life Starter badge as Cub, they need to do the following:
OR (complete 2-8)
- Explain the contents of the badge to the examiner; and
- Demonstrate one of the requirements.
- Explain what the best place and size for a food garden are.
- Obtain or make garden tools and explain how to use and look after them (rake, spade and watering can).
- Prepare the soil, including mulching.
- Sow seeds or plant seedlings.
- Explain how to use water sparingly.
- Harvest one vegetable or fruit.
- Explain why vegetables and fruit should be eaten (nutrition).
Note: Container gardening is also acceptable
Requirements in PDF
- Scoutcraft Badges
- Food for Life
- Food for Life - Silver Scoutcraft Badge
- Food for Life - Gold Interest Badge
- Gardener Badge