SCOUTS SA Marketing Toolkit
Why this toolkit?
These marketing materials were developed in line with WOSM's and SCOUTS South Africa's Marketing and Branding policies for you as members, Groups, Districts, Regions and Scout event organisers to use to promote Scouting in your communities. The templates provide an opportunity for us to use a unified brand and to enhance our visibility!
When developing a promotional brand for SCOUTS South Africa (SSA), the advertising agency HAVAS jumped on board to assist probono in developing a look and feel that would represent the outdoor, adventurous and fun nature of Scouting. Skills development and advancement are represented through the badges our members earn, therefore they became an integral part of this brand that visually represents the adventurous essence of our Movement. This brand is to be used for the promotion of SA Scouting and activities.
The corporate SSA brand - purple and white & rope - is only to be used by the National and Regional teams for official communication, Warrants, Awards, SSA merchandise, etc. Exception to this has been provided for signage and tear drop banners. If your Group wants to produce promotional materials in the corporate brand email email@example.com prior to doing so.
The World Scout Emblem (fleur-de-lis) and the SCOUTS South Africa brand are registered trademarks owned by World Scouting. Therefore, these materials may only be used -in line with the brand directives - for the promotion of Scouting and not for any commercial gain. If you would make amendments to these materials please use due diligence to ensure the correct visual representation of our brand, which in turn ensures the integrity of our brand identity.
Some of the documents are large and will take some time to download. These high-res files enable you to print high quality materials, which reinforce the quality programmes we have in Scouting.
How to use the SSA Brand?
Click HERE for a simple infographic on how to use the SCOUTS South Africa brand.
General Usage Guidelines
- Hall Signage Guidelines
- PowerPoint Template Guidelines
- Usage guidelines SSA's Corporate and Promotional brand
SSA Brand Manual
This SSA Brand Manual explains what our brand is all about. How it ties into the World Scout brand, what the various elements are and how we should use our brand. It also highlights which images we should use to promote Scouting and why. It is aligned with the World Scout Brand Manual. (An updated version which includes Meerkats is in development.)
Let's have the time of our lives
- Adult Recruitment Card (reverse) - Candle
- Adult Recruitment Card (reverse) - Compass
- Adult Recruitment Card - Front cover
- How to fold the Adult Recruitment Cards
- Poster "Be someone's guiding light (candle)"
This is Scouting for Adults
Do you have parents or adults interested in stepping into uniform? The "This Scouting for Adults" booklet will provide them with more information on what to expect and which steps to take.
Booklets & Pamphlets
- This is Scouting (To be updated with Meerkats)
- This Scouting for Adults
- Generic Scouting pamphlet (To be updated with Meerkats)
- Rover pamphlet
- Meerkat Colour-in Birthday Card
- Cub Colour-in Birthday Card
- Cub Cupcake Birthday Card
- Scout Birthday Card
- Scout Cupcake Birthday Card
- Rover Birthday Card
Business Cards for Members
- Adult Leaders
- Generic certificates landscape - no text
- Generic certificates portrait - no text
- SCOUTS South Africa National Letterheads are used by the National Office, National Teams and National event organisers.
- SCOUTS South Africa Regional Letterheads are used by the respective Regional Office, Regional Teams and Regional event organisers
- Scout Groups may use the SSA Regional Letterhead or one of the SSA promo Letterheads as per the guideline below.
Thank You Cards
Say THANK YOU to your amazing team of volunteers and parents! Send them a SCOUTS SA "Thank You" card!
- Cub/Pack Thank You Card
- Scout/Troop Thank You Card
- Rover/Crew Thank You Card
- Adult Volunteer Thank You Card
- Canvas Generic Thank You Card by Jana Lorenz
- Purple Generic Thank You Card by Jana Lorenz
- A6 Generic Thank You Card by Jana Lorenz