Cub Showman Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Do satisfactorily FOUR activities in ONE of FOUR entertainment fields offered:
- Write a puppet play.
- Make a set of hand puppets or marionettes for the play you have written.
- Construct a simple stage for hand puppets, shadow puppets, or marionettes.
- Alone or with others put on a puppet show for your Pack.
- Make two puppets from socks and put on a one-man show.
- Demonstrate your ability to play four tunes on a musical instrument.
- Sing two songs alone or with a group.
- Explain what folk music is and hum, sing, or play a folk song.
- Name three Southern African composers and a composition written by each one.
- Draw a staff, clef, sharp, flat, natural note, rest, and explain their use.
- Lead or take a prominent part in a traditional dance.
- Recite a patriotic or humorous monologue.
- Attend a play and describe the story, explaining what you liked and disliked.
- Read a play and describe the story.
- Write, produce and join in a one-act play.
- Describe the difference between opera, musical comedy, and drama.
- Take part in a Scout show or similar amateur performance.
- Describe theatre in the round and point out its advantages and disadvantages.
- TRADITIONAL ENTERTAINMENT
- Demonstrate traditional attire.
- Demonstrate your ability at playing a traditional instrument.
- Sing two traditional songs.
- Perform two traditional dances.
- Explain the story behind two traditional dances.
- Tell a traditional folk story.