Fitness Scoutcraft Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The badge tests a scout's personal fitness level and challenges them to reach and maintain a standard of fitness. Exposes a scout to a healthy way of life.
- After a ten-minute warm up, complete the following endurance and stamina exercises in the given time for your age.
Age 11 12 13 Male Female Males Female Male Female Merit 5m 20s 5m 25s 5m 10s 5m 15s 5m 00s 5m 05s Standard 6m 00s 6m 05s 5m 50s 5m 55s 5m 40s 5m 45s
- 12 Front lying, trunk raises (hypers) - Over a bench or other support. Hand position as for curlups. Stop at horizontal position.
- 20 Curlups (sit-ups) - Partner grasps ankles, legs must be bent to 90°, fingers locked behind neck, chin off chest, elbows must touch knees, head must return to the floor each time. Incorrect curlup does not count.
- 22 Pushups - Chest must touch clenched fist of partner. Incorrect pushup does not count.
- 20 Biceps curls - Standing in half squat position lifting 10% of body mass (sandbags).
- 20 Vertical jumps - to reach a point 25 cm above arm's length.
- 20 Lateral arm raises - Standing in half squat position lifting 10% of body mass (sandbags). Lift elbows laterally to 90°.
- 5 square shuttle runs - Mark out a square of 5 metres along each side. Each completed circuit counts as one.
- 5 Shuttle runs of 25 metres - Place two beacons 25 m apart. Each turn around a beacon counts as one.
- Discuss the importance of individual sports (tennis, squash, golf etc) in keeping yourself physically fit in later life. Play at least one individual sport.
- Participate in an outdoor cross-country race of at least 3 km in length.
- Achieve the given standard for your age group in the following activities:
- 50 Metre Sprint
Age 11 12 13 Male Female Males Female Male Female Merit 8.69s 9.21s 8.56s 9.10s 8.22s 8.75s Standard 9.44s 10.0s 9.17s 9.75s 8.93s 9.51s
- 800 Metre Run
Age 11 12 13 Male Female Males Female Male Female Merit 2m 47s 2m 57s 2m 42s 2m 53s 2m 31s 2m 48s Standard 2m 53s 3m 11s 2m 48s 3m 06s 2m 44s 3m 02s
- 50 Metre Sprint
Requirements in PDF
- Scoutcraft Badges
- Personal Fitness Scout Interest Badge
- Athletics Scoutcraft Badge
- Athlete Interest Badge