There are many ways to grow a seed in a way that you can see how it grows. Types of seeds to grow this way are: a pea, a bean, a mealie or a bulb.
You can put a bean between two pieces of wet cotton wool, and watch it grow. Remember to keep it moist.
How to Grow Beans in a Ziplock Bag
Things you'll need: paper towels, ziplock bags and dried beans (any kind is fine).
- Saturate a paper towel with water.
- Place the moist towel in your Ziploc bag.
- Put a few beans between the towel and the bag.
- Set the bag on a sunny windowsill. The beans should form roots and shoots within a few days.
- Transplant your beans into a flower pot after about a week.
From the Pack Scouter's Workbook