Jump to navigation Jump to search
Examples of meals
Breakfast and tea time
- Cereals: Pronutro Whole wheat / Oats so Easy variety pack (sachets) Kellogg's variety pack (small boxes)
Lunch & Supper
- Wheat: Provita, Ryvita, Rice Cakes, Melba toast
- Soup: Cup-a-scup / Taste-break soup
- Pasta: Cup-a-snack / Taste-breaks pasta
- Starch: Boil-In-Bag Rice, Smash / Couscous
- Vegetables: Dehydrated vegetables - Peas / Green beans / Sweet potatoes / Carrots / Tomatoes / Mixed Vegetables / Potatoes / Onions.
- Fish: Tuna Pie / Tuna Snack Pack (Ready-to-eat tuna meals)
- Meat: Soya mince / Soya Vegi-mince / Vacuum-packed cold meat / Irradiated Meat
Snacks, Puddings & Drinks
- Dairy: Melrose wedges / Cottage cheese / Vacuum packed feta cheese
- Fruit: Dried fruit.
- Spreads: Honey / Jams / Butter (those packed for airline and restaurants).
- Wheat: Biscuits / Crackers / Bread sticko's.
- Snacks: Biltong / Droewors / Crispie Treats (marshmallow and rice crispies cookies from Kellogs) / Energy Bars / chocolate
- Pudding: Instant custard / Long life dairy cream / Quickset Jelly
- Beverages; Hot drinks / Tea bags / Cappuccino sachets / Coffee sachets / Hot Chocolate sachets
- Cold Drinks: Game, or Energiser drink mixes / Rehydrate sachets
- Dairy: Long life milk 100ml cartons / Milk powder / Condensed milk
- Repack food items into smaller portions as required.
- Plastic screw-on lid containers are the safest to avoid leakage.
- Empty honey jars, peanut butter jars, spice containers, film containers
- No glass containers or bottles.