Jars of Hope
The challenge is to make Jars of Hope and help feed families in need. Giving a jar of soup ingredients can provide a warm meal for four people, offer some solace and hope, and might even bring a smile to their faces. So, let's see how many litres of soup we can make as a Scouting family.
What you need for each Jar of Hope:
- ½ cup rice
- ½ cup soup mix
- ½ cup lentils
- 1 unwrapped stock cube
- 1 packet soup powder
- A large jar or container
- Measure your ingredients
- Place the ingredients in layers in the container or bag
- Unwrap your stock cube and place it on top
- Seal your jar/container/tub/bag
- Attach the cooking instruction label.
Download and Print instructions
Below are PDF sheets where you can add in your group name and print out to finish off your gift. Each page has six labels on it.
Use a variant of this for hiking food.
With acknowledgement to Meerkat Ambassador Sherley Southworth, 1st Hillcrest Scout Group, 1st Pine Town Scout Group, 1st Waterfall Scout Group, 1st Durbanville/Kraaifontein Scout Group and the Western Cape Scout Region. Labels by Craig Finnan.
- Share your stories and photos with Natasha at email@example.com