Pedestrian rules for Road Safety
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Silver Wolf - Aptitude Challenge - Road Safety
Show that you know the basic rules of the road as a pedestrian.
BASIC RULES for pedestrian road safety are:
STOP! LOOK! LISTEN!
- Don't play in the street. If you don't have a garden or other safe place in which to play, use a park or open area that is away from traffic.
- Always walk on the pavement or footpath.
- Where there is no pavement, walk on the right side of the road, facing the traffic coming towards you. Watch out for cars.
- Before crossing the road, stop, look right, look left, and look right again. When the road is quite clear, walk across.
- Cubs know they should use the special road crossings provided, like traffic lights, zebra crossing, or scholar patrol, because these are the safest places to cross the road.
- Never stop to stare at an accident or breakdown.