Reader Scout Interest Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Prior to the test, provide the examiner with a list of at least 12 books from those you have read during the past 12 months. Included in the 12 books should be some fiction, some non- fiction and at least 2 classical works. The fiction and the non-fiction books should be commensurate with your age and educational standard. Textbooks and set works which are currently being used by you at school may not be included. Discuss these books with the examiner and answer questions based on their content.
- Write a review of a book lent to you by the examiner.
- Explain how you decide which books to read and describe the facilities that exist in your community for obtaining books.
- Demonstrate how to use a dictionary and how to use reference books.
- Read two short passages from a book selected by the examiner that you have not seen prior and answer some simple questions to show the examiner that you comprehend the content.
- Discuss the care and repair of books with the examiner and show the examiner some of your own books.
Requirements in PDF