Talk:Computer Scout Interest Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The requirements for this badge were written a long time ago, and while they are somewhat future proof (storage media are still with us, even if CD-ROMs aren't), it's overdue for an update. If someone was designing the badge today, the emphasis would probably differ, and there would probably be several different badges aiming at different areas, e.g. application use, media and communication, and programming. Also, the image on the badge itself shows a computer that hasn't existed since the early 1980s, nor has the name "Micro Computer". Any suggestions for new requirements which can be sent to the Scout Programme team to review? ScoutWeb (talk) 08:20, 25 October 2018 (SAST)
- Agreed. Some ideas:
- Explain the principles of a wiki
- Register as a wiki-user.
- Correct a mistake on a wiki-page.
- Create a wiki-page
- Explain the difference between the various copyright offerings (creative commons, public domain, copyright)
- Social Media
- Uses of various forms (FB, Linkedin, Instagram)
- Possible risks - cyber bullying
- Raspberrypi Badge
:Kite.henley (talk) 08:49, 25 October 2018 (SAST)