Air Mechanic Scout Interest Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Understand the basic principles of an aircraft piston engine and know the names and functions of the principal parts.
- Demonstrate pre-flight check and a knowledge of aircraft documents.
- Have passed the Aviation Skills Scoutcraft Badge, or complete part 5 of its requirements.
- Explain the principles of flight and of airframe construction.
- Explain the basic principles of an aircraft jet engine and know the names and functions of the principal parts.
- Build a non-flying model aircraft with working control surfaces operated by a control column. Demonstrate its use.
- Have a general knowledge of elementary hydraulics and electrics as applied to aircraft, concerning:
- Airscrews (and their types).
- Aircraft brakes (including air brakes).
Requirements in PDF