|Properties infobox||Camp Delta|
|Physical address:||Road Number 3 & Road Number 5 the closest Cross Road
Victory Park, Randburg
|Contact details:||Website: https://campdelta.org.za/|
|GPS coordinates:||26°07'37.6"S 28°00'47.0"E|
- Large Grounds - There are 28 standing camp sites around the ground
- Cub Hut - The hut is approximately 10x6m space with an attached kitchen. The hut has tables and chairs to use.
- Security - CAP Security officer living on site. Camp ground fenced in. CAP security patrol the entire park regularly
- Ablution Block - Separate facilities for ladies and gents. There are three toilets and showers for each gender and well as urinals on the gents side.
- Chapel - The camp site has a beautiful open air chapel that can be used on your camp free of charge. The chapel can seat up to 80 people.
- Campfire Circle - The large campfire circle can be used on your camp free of charge. The campfire circle has benches for 60 scouts with plenty of space for additional campers to be accommodated.
- Parade Ground - A large open field, perfect for games and pioneering.
- Braamfontein Spruit Trail- The campsite is approx. 150m west of the Braamfontein Spruit and this lends itself to walks. Emmarentia Dam is within easy walking distance for cubs.
- Shops - There is no shop in the park so campers must bring in food but there is a Pick 'n Pay about 1.3 km away at the Victory Park Shopping Centre
- Bird Sanctuary- The Florence Bloom Bird Sanctuary has two bird hides overlooking two lily filled dams close to the camp site.
- Delta Park Run- The Delta Park Run starts at the Environmental Center and run directly passed the camp ground. The Park starts at 08:00 every Saturday
- Day visitors - R35.00
- Campers - R50 per night
- Cub hut rental - R100 per day
- Evening Troop meetings - R200.00
- Non-Scouting Events non-refundable deposit - 10% Levy
Please note: There are no rubbish facilities at Camp Delta and all rubbish must be removed from Camp Delta after using the camp. Should any rubbish be left at Camp Delta a penalty fee of R450 will be invoiced to your group. Burning of rubbish will also levy the penalty fee.
CAMP DELTA NEEDS YOUR HELP
Service is an important part of Scouting and Camp Delta is always available for Scouts to do service projects. For more information on service projects please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Some possible service projects include:
- Plant removal – Removal and burning of the Wild Dagga plants in the lower half of the grounds. This is urgent.
- Dead tree removal – There are several fallen trees around the campsite that need to be cut up and taken to the campfire circle for burning
- Tree/bush trimming – Some of these are encroaching into the campsites
- Road demarcation poles – There are some poles that need to be moved in order to widen the road a bit
- Wooden poles – Creosote/treating the various wooden bollards, poles and fence uprights around the campsite
- Paving – Paving in front of the Cub Hut to create a larger veranda area
- Storage containers – Clearing and sorting the contents of the storage containers
This list is not exhaustive and we're always interested to hear if you have any other ideas.
- Other Gauteng Camping sites: