Cub Outdoorsman Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(You must have passed your 10th birthday before you start this badge)
Do any FIVE of the following:
- Make your own shelter outdoors using a ground sheet, tarpaulin, plastic, etc. and sleep in it for at least one night, away from home.
- Know the parts of a hand axe and the safety rules for using and handling a hand axe.
- Demonstrate to a Scouter how to use a hand axe.
- Know the fire safety rules and the dangers of building fires outdoors.
- Demonstrate the collection of fuel for your fire.
- Correctly lay and light the fire.
- Cook a simple two course meal over the fire using handmade utensils.
- Demonstrate how to collect water with either a trap, condensation or still.
- Demonstrate how to find your way using two methods other than a compass.
- Describe to the examiner the preparations required for a one day hike, e.g. arranging transport, cost, adequate and suitable clothing, footwear, food, first aid kit, etc.
- With your Pack, plan and participate in an outdoor evening activity which includes a campfire.
(Note: A letter from your parent or another responsible adult is necessary for No. 1)