Drone Pilot Scout Interest Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Have achieved the Drone Operator Scoutcraft Badge.
- Ensure all required checklists are on site.
- Conduct a safety briefing with the people around you to ensure they understand the protocol should there be an incident with the Remotely Piloted Aircraft.
- Prepare a suitable landing and take-off zone ensuring the following:
- The gradient of the terrain is one that allows the safe landing of the Remotely Piloted Aircraft
- You have demarcated the landing and take-off zone to ensure there are no potential trespassers
- You have cleared the landing zone of any loose debris
- If you are using a landing mat, it is secured to the ground
- A first aid kit and valid fire extinguisher are on site
- Demonstrate your ability to fly the following in attitude mode and without using any pre-programmed features:
- Fly a horizontal box without changing the orientation of the Remotely Piloted Aircraft
- Fly a horizontal box nose in direction of flight
- Fly a vertical box without changing the orientation of the Remotely Piloted Aircraft
- Fly a point of interest flight
- Fly a racecourse flight
- Fly a tear drop
- Demonstrate the correct procedure should you have an aircraft inbound at the same altitude as yourself.
- Once landed, discuss with your examiner why as a hobby Remotely Piloted Aircraft pilot, it is crucial to follow the laws.
Requirements in PDF